Planning an event to benefit others is a wonderful way to unite a group of caring individuals. A fundraiser to help the children at Hephzibah Home is an ideal project for school children, scout troops, book clubs, sports teams, service clubs, religious organizations, families and other groups. Good Samaritans of all ages can get involved by setting up a hot chocolate or lemonade stand during a block party, holding a yard or rummage sale, selling baked goods, holding a car wash or hosting a dinner party. The fundraising possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Here’s how to get started:
- Think about a date and goal for your fundraiser.
- Email Hephzibah Director of Development Juliet Yera to register your event. Hephzibah will provide guidelines for collecting, recording and submitting your donations.
- Let us know if you need help with invitations, stickers, receipts or other materials.
- Spread the word about your fundraiser to friends, families and coworkers.
- Keep a record of all contributions by individuals or groups — including volunteer hours and donations of products, services and money. Record each donor’s contact information (name, address, phone and email), so that we can send a thank-you note and a donation receipt.
- Take photos of your event and be sure to email some to Hephzibah.
- Have fun supporting Hephzibah. Thank you for your generosity and hard work on behalf of our kids!